2 Hrs. Manual/Stick Shift Driving Course
These lessons are helpful to students who have driven an Automatic Transmission before and would like to learn how to drive a Manual Shift Car. Students are taken thru all kinds of traffic situations. This course covers normal traffic conditions on the road at the time of the class. The class is conducted in 2 hours session; depending on traffic this allows students to drive at a stretch and allows them to handle traffic situations that are unfamiliar, with confidence. In this course we cover all the necessary skills for shifting gears manually. The course covers the following:-
*The road test preparation will be done depending if student has a RT scheduled, if not general RT tips will be given. Hand over hand Steering may require additional classes if the student cannot follow the instructions because of shuffle driving habits.
- 1. Attention (What to look, Where to Look, Risks, Hazards, Sharing the road, How to anticipate shifting gears)
- 2. Explaination of Clutch and Manual Gear Shifts i.e Down Shifting, Up Shifting, Speed Matching.
- 3. Turning (Left, Right, Angled and curves and Jug Handle turns, the appropriate gear for taking the turn)
- 4. Steering*
- 5. Curb Judgement
- 6. Handling traffic control devices (Lights, Traffic Circles, Stop, Yield and Handling gears for each of the traffic control devices and use of clutch and neutral etc.)
- 7. Driving in Lanes (Maintain Lanes, Changing Lanes, Merging and Diverging)
- 8. Parking (Perpendicular, Angular)
- 9. Highways (Entering into highways, Exiting Highways, Ramp Speeds)
- 10. Appropriate gear selection use of tachometer in shifting